Tuesday 21 April 2015

Random Things I'll need when travelling through Honduras!

Hey guys,

So I've been back to my research and I thought I'd share a few things I've notice come up a bit!

1) Earplugs! It gets loud overnight and especially loud during the nocturnal hours within the rainforest! I'm not an easy sleeper, so having some version of quiet will help!

2) Sunscreen! I wasn't particularly surprised to see this crop up a lot, but I don't usually take notice of it, because, strangely enough, I don't burn unless under extreme heat, and that rarely comes across, seeing as when I was in Egypt during the summer months (40-50 degrees every day), I didn't burn! This, however, I'll bring anyway, just in case.

3) A Flashlight! A high-powered flashlight will help me pick out and see any weird-looking creatures during the night! Also, for bat-watching etc!

4) Travel Alarm Clock! Quite weird, seeing as we'll be getting up at 6am Honduran time (1pm here) and alarm clocks will wake everyone up at once, and I'll get shouted at for it. So maybe an alarm clock that I can plug into headphones that'll only wake me up!

And finally: 

5) Travel Money Belts and Hidden Money Gadgets etc! This will help massively, seeing as Honduras is a world renown place for crime such as theft and murder, so hiding my money in my belt will help me survive the three days in San Pedro Sula (Murder Capital of the world)!

No comments:

Post a Comment