Thursday 13 November 2014

Update: Tips!

Hey, 

I've been looking up what to do concerning food, drinks etc, whilst I'm in the rainforest.

I'm NOT to take any water from any stream, lake or waterfall, and I'm only to take large bottles of clean, natural spring water or mineral water (despite them being bad for you in large amounts).

Food should really only be eaten when in times of extreme hunger etc, but I'm sure I'll keep on top of that!

I'll most definitely have to wear protective, but loose fitting, cotton clothing to keep me cool and to prevent any mosquitoes bites. My pants will have to be long and tucked into my walking boots to prevent any bites from ants to snakes.

I'll have to bring some waterproof ponchos or something to help me keep dry, as the rainforest can get particularly wet during the very long rain hours. I've also seen that talcum powder is quite helpful to put on my feet to keep them dry for putting on socks and shoes.

I'll be looking other stuff up soon, for other things such as what foods to bring and eat (although I'm sure we'll be eating something with the group anyway) and any good gadgets I can use to help me during darkness or anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment